Frequently Asked Questions
- What does your service offer?
- We offer non-medical care to those in need. Help with every day tasks such as cooking, light cleaning, bathing assistance, laundry, companionship, respite care for new moms, transportation, errands, etc.
- How do I know if someone needs Homecare?
- How is the person's physical health? How about their mental health? How does the individual deal with daily living skills? Is this individual safe being alone in their environment? Have they asked for outside help? Has a professional told them they need outside help?
- How often will a caregiver come to my home?
- We are there as much or as little as you need us. The only requirement is a 4 hour minimum (2 hours for transportation only).
- Who do I pay?
- Christian Community Homecare mails invoices directly to your home so there's no need to ever pay a caregiver.
- How do I set up service?
- The first step is to contact the Homecare office. (314) 843-9673. An appointment will be scheduled between our Director, the caregiver we have in mind, the potential care receiver and anyone else they may want us to meet. An evaluation is made to ensure a potential care receiver is within the scope of our program. After that, we are ready to get started!
- What if I'm not in your scope?
- One of the things we do as an outreach program is refer those we can't help. We have many reputable resources that we can provide so you get the assistance you need.
- What if things don't work out between a caregiver and care receiver?
- Then we make a change! We want you to be happy with whoever you are spending time with. Follow up phone calls are always made to ensure both individuals are comfortable with a new situation. If a change needs to be made, we will make every effort to do so as soon as possible.
- I begin with your service just a day or two a week. What if I decide I need the service more often?
- We make every attempt to keep the same caregiver and extend their hours, however, if schedules are conflicting, we will have an additional caregiver available for you.